keskiviikko 15. helmikuuta 2012

The V-Day

Yesterday was V-Day, which refers besides the Valentine's Day also to the global movement to end violence against women and girls. So I went to see The Vagina Monologues, which is the cornerstone of the V-day movement. The performers were besides actresses, also Finnish celebrities and influential persons. It was performed at the Koko Theater. The day reminded me about an art exhibition some years ago in the Tennis Palace's Art Museum. There was a giant vagina created by an artist Mimosa Pale (sic! I learned during the yesterday's play that mimosa is one nickname for a vagina!). So here it is, the giant art vagina. After the exhibition Mimosa Pale has walked with the giant vagina (it is on wheels) around the streets of Helsinki and has had varying reactions.

 I am going in.
  

The artist Mimosa Pale is standing on the left. I am almost in. I am wearing KDK London's (Fiorella) tunic and Only's jeans btw if someone is interested :)


I am inside. It was dark and silky in there (not at all slimy and bloody, like you could have expected ;) Like a sheltered nest.

 I am peeking out.

 I am coming out. Yes!


It was definitely a positive experience! People looked so blissful when they were coming out. Look at their faces! The rebirth!



See You! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti