perjantai 10. helmikuuta 2012

How to Make a Gothic Lolita Dress in 10 Minutes (and for 8 euros)?

 I am a big fan of lolita style after visiting Tokyo 2006. There is something classic beauty in lolita style.There are several lolita styles. One is for example sweet lolita, which means a lot of pastel colours and quality lace. A valuable and old- fashioned porcelain doll would describe it. Sweet lolita dresses are however really expensive.

Luckily gothic and punk lolita style is nearer my style. And you dont't have to necessarily use a lot of money for that. Yeah, I know some gothic lolitas disagree strongly with me about that, but I have my own opinion. So I bought this second hand dress for 8 euros from Ofelia market  (Burlesque - Gothic - Lolita - Retro - Rock 'n' Roll - Steampunk - Vintage second hand market usually couple of times a year at culture arena Gloria in Helsinki).  I recognize this dress, it is from Kapp Ahl's "Free your mind and be happy" -collection from couple of years ago.

So here is the dress. Quite dull and boring like this, I think, at least not my style. How to make this dress suitable for punk or gothic lolita?

I happened to have a blouse from the same collection in my wardrobe which I'm going to use underneath the dress. (argh excuse my hair, straight from the shower)


I also have two kind of hippie style tunics from that same collection, which I bought couple of years ago from Kapp Ahl and have used a lot. This one...


 ...and this one. Little gorgeous girl from a playground wanted to take a picture of me with my phone camera last summer. I was photographing her and Nemo. This is just ordinary tunic, I just added the petticoat, the belt and the rose. There are butterflies in the dress, the photo quality of my phone camera is so lousy you probably can't see them.

  The lovely girl I was photographing. And of course Nemo on the back.


So back to the original dress. This honestly took only 10-15 minutes to make this. I just grabbed, quite randomly, folds of the dress and sewed them together with few stitches. It doesn't matter if the edge is going to be uneven, it is even better that way. So, I didn't have to be violent towards the dress, I didn't use scissors at all. And I was able to do this while wearing the dress. So below are a lot of photos while I'm making it.

Aarrghh the photo quality, but you'll get the idea.

Don't forget the petticoat!



So, the dress suitable for a punk or gothic lolita is ready!
See You! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti